Last Modified: July 2, 2020
We may collect several types of information from you, including: information you provide to us; information we collect as you navigate the Site; and information we receive from third parties, for example, our business partners. We may collect the following information:
- Your name, e-mail addresses, and other personally identifiable information you provide to us, such as when filling in forms, entering a contest, or reporting a problem with our Site;
- Records and copies of your correspondence;
- Your responses to surveys, if you decide to respond to them;
- Certain financial or demographic profile information to be used in the aggregate, such as your age, gender, hobbies, interests, zip/postal code or country. Demographic information is not considered personal information unless it is linked to personal information about a specific user;
- IP address and other technical information collected from the servers utilized by you or your vendors, such as information and data that is automatically collected upon visiting the Site (i.e., webpage http headers (home server domain names, internet protocol address, operating system type, browser type and language) and user-specific or aggregate information on what pages you access on the Site). Technical information is not considered personal information unless it is linked to personal information about a specific user;
- Information provided on any application (including the App) or authorization, such as your location, your handset type, your UDID (unique handset code) and any other information you or your mobile device provides to us;
- Information regarding uses of the services; and
- Other information provided to us in any way, shape or form.
How We Collect Information
We may collect information in one or more of the following ways:
- Through the completion of electronic forms found on the Site or on a third party-hosted website, whether via computer or mobile device;
- Through SMS (Short Message Service) messages sent via cell phone, or through e-mail and other communications;
- Through surveys;
- Through referring websites or third parties, including social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+ and others;
- Through the maintenance and analysis of Site server logs; and
- Via “cookies” (small text files placed by us on your computer(s)), single pixel GIF image files (also called “Web beacons”), Site server log analysis and other similar technological means.
While we do not currently require you to register for an Account before we provide access to certain portions of the Site, we may do so in the future. On those portions of the Site that require registration, we may collect information to create your account (such as name, address, telephone number, date of birth, etc.), as well as to determine specific content, products and services that may be of particular interest to you. By collecting and maintaining accurate information, we learn more about your interests and needs and are better able to provide you with such content and with offers for such products and services.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect to identify the parties with whom we are dealing and to provide customized information and offers of products and services. While we do not currently use third party services that display customized content and advertising provided by us, we may do so in the future. We may also use the information for statistical and/or marketing purposes, to improve our technologies, to provide information about our company and to deliver advertising and promotional information from our partners and third party vendors. We may track your use of the Site over time for the purpose of, among other things, enhancing your experience on the Site and providing marketing messages, promotions, offers of products and services and other content which we think may be of specific interest to you.
We reserve the right to share, rent, sell or otherwise disclose the information we collect from you to third parties. We may also share your information with certain third parties in other circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm and/or ensuring the security of our network and services. We may also use the information you provide to market products and services to you. We may obtain your information through third parties by virtue of advertisements placed by us on websites maintained by those third parties. We will collect and/or share certain of your information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling orders for products or services placed by you and for providing you with newsletters or other communications. We may also use information provided by you to manage your Account.
We may provide you with direct access to functionality from other third parties, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Spotify, advertising networks and others. The placement of social media widgets, or advertising units on the Site may permit these third parties to see information about you and your activities via cookies, web beacons and other technologies they place and/or access on your browser or device, even if you do not interact with them.
We may add your information to our databases to contact you through future e-mails, postal mailings and SMS text-messaging regarding site updates, upcoming events, new products and services and/or the status of orders placed online. We do not currently use geolocation for purposes of tracking your location when you use the Site, but we reserve the right to do so in the future in order to better target product and service offerings and other information to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a potential investor, insurer, buyer or other successor in the event of an actual or contemplated financing, insuring, merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you as further set forth below.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of In the Groove, our customers or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Use of Web Technologies
Affiliate Program Participation
We may engage in affiliate marketing, meaning we recommend products and services we have used or know well and may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you) if you purchase them. Our goal is to help share information about products and services we know and recommend. You can read more about our affiliate partnerships here https://getinthegroove.com/affiliate-disclosure/].
As you navigate through the Site, we collect details of your visits automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track the movements of users around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Do Not Track
When you use the Site, we may receive “do not track” requests from you, whether via signals from web browsers or other mechanisms. At this time, we do not respond to such “do not track” requests, although we may choose to do so in the future.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features/register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com .
Based upon the personally identifiable information that you provide to us, we may send you a welcome e-mail. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide any services you request, and to provide newsletters or other updates that you request. If, at any time, you no longer want us to contact you by e-mail and/or receive our e-mail subscriptions, editorial e-mails and advertorial e-mails, you may opt out of these functions using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading REMOVE in the subject line.
Third Party Ad Server Networks
To opt out of third-party tracking on our Site use the following tools
You may opt out of the Ad Tech Network by clicking http://www.youronlinechoices.com/opt-out-interface.
If you would like to opt out of having interest-based information collected during your visits to our Site or other sites, both the National Advertising Initiative (the “NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (the “DAA”) offer opt out tools to assist you in managing your choices. Click http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ to visit the NAI opt out page and click http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ for the DAA opt out page.
You may wish to visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/ to learn more about interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having this information used by third parties and your “opt out” choices. Opting out through the DAA or the NAI only means that those DAA or NAI members will no longer be able to deliver targeted content and/or ads to you, which will affect our Site as well as other unaffiliated websites, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit these opt out pages, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your opt out choices may not, or may no longer, be effective.
If you want to be removed from our marketing list and do not want us to send you e-mail, postal mail or other messages about our products and services, you can opt out. To do so, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, with the word “REMOVE” in the subject line.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of such residents’ personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Our Site and company are based in the United States, with our servers and offices in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Site will be processed and transferred to, and be subject to the laws of, the United States. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States will be different from similar laws in your country of residence. By using the Site, or by providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage and processing of information to and within the United States. If our cookies or other software detects IP addresses located in a country outside the United States, we reserve the right to deny access to any and all of our services.
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS OF EEA (EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA) RESIDENTS
If you are in the EEA, we will collect and process your personal data:
- To perform our business responsibilities (e.g. processing payments for and fulfillment of the goods you have ordered);
- When we have a legitimate business interest in collecting and processing your personal data (e.g. to communicate with you about updates regarding your order or to send you updates to this policy);
- Where you have given your consent (e.g. to market products to you,) – please note that you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com; or
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
We share your information with selected recipients. These categories of recipients include:
- provided you have consented, advertisers and advertising networks including Facebook and Instagram located in California, and which store your personal data in California, that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- analytics and search engine providers including Google located in California and which currently store your personal data in California that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to:
(i) access your personal data
(ii) ensure the accuracy of your personal data
(iii) the right to have us delete your personal data
(iv) the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and
(v) the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, please contact us first using the contact information we provide below. You also have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us addressed to the following:
EU Privacy Complaints
8491 Sunset Blvd . Suite 2500 West Hollywood,Ca 90069
We take reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of your personally identifiable information by using industry recognized security safeguards such as site monitoring, secured networks and servers, firewalls and encryption. When we ask for sensitive information, we protect it through the use of encryption during transmission, such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer). Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information within industry standards, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your personally identifiable information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. You are responsible for protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer/mobile device. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Our employees are trained and required to safeguard your information. Our internal controls limit access to personally identifiable information based on job functionality.