The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is one of the biggest deals in fashion, for good reason. Here at In The Groove, we’ve always believed that it’s all about the edit. So, we turned to Nordstrom buyer and personal shopper Susie Wright, of @SoSusie, to help us for through everything to find the best of the best.
Her advice? Focus on six different categories to make your shopping a more focused and less stressful experience. The categories are leather jackets, denim, makeup, foundations, cashmere, and boots.
- Jackets: A leather jacket is the perfect piece to get at the sale, because it’s an investment piece that will last forever. This black AllSaints jacket is absolutely classic and will add an instant dose of cool to every outfit. There’s one in white, too, if you’re feeling 80s-ish. I also love this formal, double-breasted black wool coat.
- Denim: A good pair of jeans is a necessary base for every stylish wardrobe, so take the opportunity to grab a few pair of jeans. Lately, I’ve been into a bootcut so you know I’m going to get this Hudson pair. If you’re into skinnies, you’ll love this high-waisted pair from Joes. And this dark-wash pair of Levi’s.
- Makeup: When else can you get Tom Ford on sale? The quad eye and lip kit is perfect for gifts, but also for stashing in your purse. Get some new Beauty Blenders, because yours are probably dirty. Dior’s lip kit even comes with a cute hot-pink pouch, and the world’s best lip balm.
- Bras + Panties: Good bras and underwear are the foundation of every outfit, so stock up now. The Natori Feathers bra is a best seller for a reason, and that reason is that it’s unbeliveably comfortable. Get as many pairs of Hanky Panky underwear as you can, and don’t go underwear shopping for the rest of the year.
- Cashmere: There’s nothing better than cashmere, except for cashmere that’s on sale. This camel-colored cashmere hoodie is just about the chicest thing I can imagine, and will completely class up my sweats game. This navy-colored open front cardigan is a close second.
- Boots: It’s not fall until I get a new pair of boots. This year, I’m getting a classic pointed-toe heeled bootie in black, because I finally need to retire my old pair. I think that pair is my just-right heel size, but here’s a pair with a lower heel and one with a higher heel.
Shop the rest of our Nordstrom Anniversary Sale edit below:
All of our recommendations are curated by Susan & the In The Groove editorial team. In some, but not all cases, we receive a small commission for leading you to what, how and where to buy all this wonderful stuff.