Well, so long 2020. You will not be missed. In the spirit of fresh starts and new beginnings, what I’m loving this January is all about taking care of myself. From a rebounder to get excited about exercise again to cozy sherpa-lined slippers, this month is all about staying in, getting recharged, and getting ready to take on 2021 as the best version of myself.
1. Sherpa Lined Shoe: The cozy vibes are not going anywhere yet, because it’s still winter for a few more months. A pair of sherpa lined shoes is the perfect marriage of function and design, especially when it’s as good looking as this pair of J.Crew boots for an apres ski vibe, these Jenni Kayne mules for at home, or this pair of slip-on sneakers.
2. Cardigans: An easy to wear staple that can be a pretty big statement, like this poppy-printed option from Kule or this navy-and-red understated stunner. But it’s also a must-have basic, like this one from J.Crew
3. Belt bags: Totally functional, and look great with sweatpants. Love this chocolate brown one from BAGGU, and this super colorful one in nylon from Tory Burch. Perfect for long walks or running errands.
4. Face masks: This is the time of year when my skin needs to properly hydrated, or it dries up and dries out. A little extra TLC comes in the form of a face mask, like this one from Chantecaille
5. Exercise: Not to get too New Year New Me about it, but I do really need to switch up my exercise routine. Since I’m stuck at home, I thought I’d try out this rebounder – and I’m obsessed.
6. Needlepoint: Yes, I need to work out my body, but I also need to work out my mind. My quarantine hobby has been needlepoint, which is like yoga for your brain. There are so many fun patterns, like this initial pillow, this portrait, and this can of Tab.
7. Turtleneck: Last but not least, I love layering a turtleneck right now. Underneath a button down or a cardigan, with a couple gold chains for the finishing touch. The Uniqlo one is cheap and chic, which is the dream combination.
Shop the rest of my January edit below:
All of our recommendations are curated by Susan & the In The Groove editorial team. In some, but not all cases, we receive a small commission for leading you to what, how and where to buy all this wonderful stuff.