Halsey Schroeder was fresh out of Harvard Business School, but she already had a business plan for Halsbrook. And who does she have to thank for the big idea? Her mother! Inspired by watching her mother “carefully build her wardrobe – choosing beautiful pieces that stood the test of time,” Halsey realized there wasn’t anywhere for that consumer to shop online. “Everything was too flashy and trendy.” And so Halsbrook was born, a one stop shop for the sophisticated, classically minded consumer.
I’m headed to New York for a week of In The Groove business – a perfect time to do a how-to packing story stocked with items from Halsbrook. Check out everything I picked below. Here are my packing rules:
1. Pick a color story and stick to it. I find neutrals are the easiest like here I have chosen black and camel. It will make your life much easier to pick a color and you will be able to get everything in a carry on bag. No problem
2. Lay everything out and put your outfits together. Along the way keep telling reminding yourself what you really need and what you can live without.
3. Take 2- 3 key bottoms that are versatile and that you can dress up or down during your trip. I always start with a great pair of black pants that look good with a tee shirt and look great with a dressy top. I usually take one pair of jeans but I tend to take my dressier ones so I can wear them day into night. Do the same with your tops so you can layer them to change the look of an outfit.
4. I tend to wear a leather jacket on the plane. I find this comes in handy all year round….I am sure you won’t be surprised to hear I usually take a black one. Make sure to check the weather so you take what you need and leave the rest at home.
5. Try to wear on the plane or carry your bulkiest items.
Remember : make sure your items are versatile, keep it simple, and have fun.
Oh, and as a special treat, Halsbrook is giving all Groovers 20% off with the code word GROOVE20. Valid on full-price merchandise only. Valid until 10/29/18. So get your groove on.
Look 1- Grace Kelly In A Boardroom
Look 2 – Fleet Week
Look 3 – Is It Cold…Or Hot…Or Cold…Or Hot in Here?
Look 4 – Yes, Leopard Is A Neutral
Look 5 – September Issue Casual