NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND TO RECEIVE MARKETING MATERIALS FROM NEXT ACT LLC d/b/a/ GETINTHEGROOVE.COM (“SPONSOR”).
YOU ALSO REPRESENT THAT YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Next Act LLC, located at 8491 Sunset Blvd #2500, West Hollywood, CA 90069. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law, or where bonding, registration, or other requirements have not been met. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility Requirements: The Sweepstakes is open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, aged 18 or over, and who meet their jurisdiction’s minimum age requirement (i.e., in some states, the age of majority is older than 18 years of age). Sponsor’s employees and agents, and other persons professionally associated with the Sweepstakes, including each of their immediate family and household members, are not eligible. Winner(s) may be required to furnish proof of identity, address, and age to receive a prize.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on Friday February 1,2019 at 8:00 A.M. Pacific Time and ends on the earlier of February 14,2019 Pacific Time or at 12:01A.M. Pacific Time on the day that www.getinthegroove.com is publicly launched (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for each Sweepstakes Period.
- Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, visit GetinTheGroove.com and complete the following questions during the Sweepstakes Period:
- First and Last Name
b. Email Address
You may also enter by mailing your name and address to Next Level LLC, 8491 Sunset Blvd #2500, West Hollywood, CA 90069, Attn: JENNIFER MEYER HEART GIVEAWAY including the date of the Sweepstakes Period. Mailed entries must be postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period and received no later than two (2) business days after the Sweepstakes Period. Mechanically reproduced or pre-printed entries or mailing labels will not be accepted.
- Odds: Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Entry Limit: Limit one (1) entry per person, per email account, per Sweepstakes Period. You may not use multiple means of entry (e.g., multiple email accounts or multiple social media accounts) to circumvent the entry limit.
- Prize(s): One (1) confirmed winner will receive the Jennifer Meyer heart necklace. Prize delivered via post must be delivered to a valid U.S. address.
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): ARV varies depending on the Prize and is approximately one thousand one hundred dollars ($500 USD). The ARV represents Sponsor’s good-faith determination of the approximate retail value of the prize in U.S. dollars, and may differ from the actual fair market value. The actual fair market value is determined by Sponsor, is final and binding, and may not be challenged or appealed. If the ARV of a prize exceeds the actual fair market value of the prize, the difference will not be awarded to winner in cash or otherwise.
There is no cash alternative for the Prize, in whole or in part. The Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No compensation, refunds, or alternatives will be offered due to a winner’s inability to attend, claim, or use a Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value for any Prize. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more Prizes than stated in these Official Rules.
If winner engages or has engaged in behavior that is obnoxious, threatening, disruptive, inappropriate, illegal, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify winner and to immediately terminate any outstanding portion of a Prize without further compensation.
- Winner Selection: Sponsor will use a computer-generated randomizer to select one (1) winner(s) from the entries received during the applicable Sweepstakes Period. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of the winner, the registered account holder of the email account used to submit the winning entry will be deemed the winner, subject to such owner’s compliance with the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to deliver the applicable Prize to the email or mailing address supplied by the winner at the time of entry.
- Winner Notification and Acceptance Requirements: Sponsor will contact winner(s) by email account used by winner to enter. Sponsor is not liable for a winner’s failure or inability to receive communications sent by Sponsor to the contact information provided. To receive a Prize, the winner must: (a) respond to Sponsor within five (5) business days of initial contact to confirm eligibility; and (b) sign and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, IRS Form W-9 (if requested), and liability and publicity release (together, “Winner Paperwork”) to Sponsor within five (5) business days of Sponsor’s delivery.
A winner may be disqualified for: failure to timely respond to Sponsor’s notification, failure to timely complete and return the Winner Paperwork, failure to meet the Eligibility Requirements at the time of entry, failure to comply with the Official Rules, and/or failure to comply with applicable laws and regulations, each as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All winner privileges shall immediately terminate upon disqualification. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor may select a one (1) alternative winner for such Sweepstakes.
Normal time, toll, connection, and usage rates charged by your Internet Service Provider may apply. Winner(s) are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on the value of the Prize. Winner(s) may receive from an IRS form 1099-MISC at the end of the calendar year, a copy of which form will also be filed with the Internal Revenue Service.
Unless prohibited by applicable law, winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes winner’s irrevocable permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, address, biographical information, likeness, and testimonial for advertising or publicity purposes regarding the Sweepstakes, on a worldwide basis and in all forms of media known or unknown, without further compensation.
- General Terms: Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. This includes, for example, the use of computer ‘script,’ ‘macro,’ or ‘brute force,’ masking identities by manipulating IP addresses, or using any automated means to enter the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant uses a username or email address that belongs to or is already being used by another person, whether actual or fictitious, that may be interpreted as impersonating another person, or violating the rights of any person.
Incomplete, illegal, misdirected, untimely, or invalid entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending is not proof of delivery. Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for delayed, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, damaged, or lost entries due to technical reasons or otherwise.
If the Sweepstakes cannot be run or be administered as planned, for reasons outside of Sponsor’s control, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend all or part of the Sweepstakes (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) by posting a notice on the Sweepstakes entry page. Sponsor further reserves the right to modify, cancel, or suspend the Sweepstakes if Sponsor believes doing so is necessary to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes or fairness to entrants. Sponsor will not be liable for a delay or failure to perform its obligations if caused by an act, omission, event, or circumstance beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control.
This Sweepstakes is governed by California law. By entering, you irrevocably consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles, California for any dispute arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes.
Risks; Warranties; Release of Claims: Your participation in the Sweepstakes is at your own risk. Releasees do not make, and hereby disclaim, all implied warranties of any kind relating to the Prize, including warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, and noninfringement, or any representations regarding the function or operation of the Prize.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold Sponsor, and each of its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors (collectively, the “Releasees”) harmless from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage directly or indirectly relating to (i) the provision, hosting, sponsorship, administration, suspension, or cancellation of the Sweepstakes, (ii) a person’s ability or inability to enter or participate in the Sweepstakes, including those arising from technical failures, third-party telecommunication outages, or other force majeure events, (iii) any determination of disqualification or other decision made by Sponsor in its sole discretion, (iv) your ability to win, claim, or use a Prize, or to otherwise participate in any activity relating to the Sweepstakes, (v) the Prize itself, or your use or misuse of a Prize, and/or (vi) electronic or human error, or events arising from the simple negligence of one or more Releasees.
You further agree to expressly and forever waive all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) (or any similar law applicable to your jurisdiction) which reads: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM/HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS/HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
You acknowledge that you have had an opportunity to review these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s privacy policies, and understand them. You acknowledge and agree that this is a complete RELEASE and DISCHARGE of all claims and rights against the Releasees, and that this release will be binding upon an entrant’s and winner’s heirs, executors, and administrators, and anyone claiming by or through an entrant or winner.
- Third Party Platforms: If this Sweepstakes is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation social media platforms (e.g. Facebook or Instagram) (the “Third Party Platform”), then by participating in this Sweepstakes, you hereby release and hold harmless such Third Party Platform from all claims, responsibility, and liability relating to the Sweepstakes. Unless otherwise stated in these Official Rules, this Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform.
- Winner Publication: The first name, last name, and state of residency for confirmed winner(s) will be available upon written request to the Sponsor at the address below, for two (2) years following the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
Sponsor: Next Act LLC, 8491 Sunset Blvd #2500, West Hollywood, CA 90069.