I get it. When I’ve got something to do, I want to do it, do it well and move on. More than ten minutes in front of Mr. Mirror would drive me crazy-pants. So I’m going to show you how to do it. I timed it and I can promise you that, like me, even if you follow each and every one of these important steps, you will be out the door in less than ten minutes –leaving one or two extra minutes to find your keys and your phone.
The most important lesson to take away from this lesson is to use a light touch, use a brush or beauty blender or your ring finger. Too much makeup doesn’t hide flaws, it exaggerates them. So don’t pack on the pancake, instead be kind and gentle to your lovely face –it has to last a good many more years. The list of my go-to’s follows:
- Moisturizer and sunscreen are essential. Mine has both.
- CC color corrects and smoothes and protects with, yup, more sunscreen
- Becca Eye Brightening Creme for the dark corners and my eyelids
- BB Tinted Foundation with more sunscreen
- Under Eye Concealer, my desert island necessity (along with sunscreen)
- Eyebrow Pencil and Spoolie Brush makes what once was, new again
- Gel Liner My personal wake-up /make-up call.
- Mascara. It’s called “huge” and “extreme” and it is, without the clumps
- Bronzer. Just where the sun hits my face
- Aqua Creme Blush on cheeks and lips Creme, not powder, gives a better flush
- Big hair swoop…because I can
Shop all the goodies below.