Hello! It’s me, Get In The Groove’s resident millennial. I’m back with another segment about stepping up your Instagram game, and I hope my mom is reading. With so many features on Instagram stories, it’s easy to get confused. We’re here to help you demystify the process, stop watching from the sidelines, and deep dive into the social media waters.
Today is all about adding GIF stickers to your stories. GIFs are little moving animations and can be practically anything. In our video, it’s an enthusiastic Oprah but the options are pretty much limitless. Pull up your Instagram and follow along. You get a GIF! You get a GIF! Youuuuu get a GIF!!! Did you guys like my Oprah impression? Okay, back to business.
- Open up your Instagram app.
- Click on the camera in the top left corner of the Instagram app.
- Click on the small square in the bottom left to pick the picture you want to post.
- Tap on the square smiley face in the top right.
- Click on the GIF button.
- Select one of the trending GIFS. If you have something specific in mind, search away.
- Move around the screen if you have a creative vision that needs executing.
And Mom, if you’re reading this, sneak a gif into your story for me. Think of it as a code or secret signal. I’ll be watching for it.